I want to thank Sharla from The House at Bluebird Lane for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award! I’ve never done one of these before, but I thought it would be fun to post some facts I normally wouldn’t share (since they’re not really relevant to DIY 😉 and get to know my readers a little better. And I’m totally going to break the rules and not tag anyone because my baby is teething and I just don’t have time to tag them all!
Seven things about me are:
1) I went to a very small private school from 6-12th grade, and had a graduating class of 35! My husband’s had 500+, so he has a really hard time understanding what my side was like 😉
2) I was obsessed with horses when I was younger, and took lessons and went to camps through junior high. I even had my own horse, a half Quarter half Morgan named Cochise. My parents sold him when I was in high school because I stopped riding as much. Jacob also rides, and had a job breaking horses to get him through college. I hope Charlie loves to ride someday too!
3) I hate getting my face wet. I rub my eyes about fifty times in the shower to keep the water out. I do not wash my face daily. You may think it’s gross, but I have pretty decent skin and few breakouts so it works for me I guess! But if we’re at the beach/pool/river and you splash me I will CUT YOU!
4) I didn’t get my first kiss until I was 17. My church was really big into the whole “True Love Waits” movement (which I now think is unhealthy and unrealistic) so I was terrified that if I kissed a boy not my husband my future marriage was doomed to fail. I mean, they even had the paper heart that they ripped up into pieces saying, “This is the heart for your spouse, and every time you date someone you give a little piece of it away and you can never get it back so they’re left with only a sad excuse of your love…” Anyway, the kiss was alright, but the really exciting thing was that it was on the midnight release of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (the book, not the movie) so I got to stay up late and read the latest installment. Plus, it makes it easy to remember the date. Love me some Harry!
5) I’m really clumsy. And I bruise easily. Not a great combo! This is why I hated sports.
6) My favorite feeling in the world is getting into a parked car that’s been sitting in the sun. Some may say it’s stifling, but I say it’s the air giving me a hug. It’s awesome.
7) Chips and Salsa could probably be a food group in my diet. Life without them would be sad and empty. I will go to a restaurant and order 1 taco a la carte so I can fill up on chips and salsa. If you have a great salsa recipe, send it my way!
I hope you enjoyed my break from DIY for a bit! Any fun facts you would like to share? Did you also go to a small private school? Or enjoy midnight releases of Harry Potter books?